Old 26-04-2004, 11:09 PM
RoyDMercer

Default seeding a lawn

A healthy thick lawn is the best way to keep weeds away. You can't use
pre-emergent products with a newly seeded area, so it's likely the weeds
will come up with the grass at first. Once the grass gets well established
it should choke out most of the weeds and you can apply weed control
products to take care of the rest.

"tony " wrote in message
Hi. I have a section of lawn, about 10' x 60', near the street where
the topsoil is very thin & it produces a lot of weeds. I want to
spread about 3 - 4 inches of topsoil on it & seed it. What's a good
way to make sure the weeds don't continue to grow?

tia