Old 27-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Mark

Default Tree recommendation

I should have guessed you were from Tulsa just because of your name.

BTW, how big a boy are you?

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
"Mark" wrote in message
I live in northeastern Oklahoma and would like a recomendation for a

fast
growing shade tree.

I used to live in Tulsa. When I was there I planted a Lacebark Elm (AKA
Chinese Elm). I planted it as a small 5 gal tree. In 5 years it was at
least 20 ft tall and 15 ft wide. When fully mature they can get to be
around 40 ft tall and they make an excellent shade tree. Paul James (host
of DIY network's Gardening by the Yard and master gardener) also lives in
Tulsa. He highly recommends the Lacebark Elm also. You can find them at
Lowe's for about $20.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_trees_sh...372061,00.html