Old 28-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Lar

Default Mice problem please help!

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:14:31 -0400, "Jo Cohen"
wrote:

I bought one of those sonic-plug in devices for $45, that is supposed
to repel mice to 2000 sq. ft. My dad says his buddies at the ag
station say those devices don't work. What do people think about this?

FTC has litigation against the manufacturers of such products.

http://www.spcbtx.org/news/sonic%20device.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/02/lentek.htm

Also, should I not worry about a little poison under the sink, and can
I be sure the mice will really seek water outside and not die in the
house? And what if a mouse eats the D-CON, then somehow my cat or dog
eat the mouse? Would it harm them?

The seeking water in an old exterminators tale, mice can live their
entire life without drinking water. I can't find the link that has a
breakdown on how much consumption would be needed for secondary
poisoning but you can email the tech dept at bell laboratories
http://belllabs.com/ and they can answer your questions.

PS- There are a few places outside where they might be coming in from,
including right under the back door to the porch! I can patch a couple
of holes....which i should have done by now

You probably need to address any hole 1/4 inch or larger and that
includes openings above your head, they can scale.

Lar

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!