Old 29-04-2004, 12:15 AM
CW

Default high lawn pH -- that bad?

I tested my lawn soil and it came to about 8 which kind of surprised
me. I live up north (cleveland, OH), although I do not know what kind
of northern grass I have. What is the best way to lower the pH and
what is the best way to go about doing it? I was told that Ironite
(iron sulfate among other things) helps but am not sure how many
applications or over what period I should apply it.

Any help appreciated. My lawn does not look too g0od and I want to do
anything to spruce it up. I just dethatched and fertilized and want
to get this pH thing down.

Thanks,
CW