Old 29-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Doug G

Default Need help with a neighbor's newly plated trees

Frank K. wrote:
A new neighborhood was built behind my property on what was
a farm. One of the new neighbor's adjoining my property
planted a row of Leyland Cypress trees just two feet inside
his property line. I planted a row of them ten feet from the
three lines so I will be able to mow around them when they
mature. The neighbor's trees are going to grow over the line
by several feet, restricting my mowing. I am seventy years
old with some health issues and I don't feel that I will be
able to, or should have to, keep his trees trimmed. I talked
to him about the situation and he said he is planning to
keep them trimmed, which I don't think is going to happen.
Any ideas on what can I do to get him to move the trees?

Thanks.

Frank

Does your municipality or county have property line easements on which
you aren't supposed to plant trees or erect anything?

Are there overhead or buried utility lines along the rear property line?