Old 29-04-2004, 04:28 AM
Steveo

Default high lawn pH -- that bad?

CW wrote:
I really don't understand it either. I just bought the house last
year and the lawn is about 7 years old. I noticed that fertilizer
really didn't green things up the 3 times I put it down last year.
Part of the 8 may be my fault. My neighbor told me to put dolomite
lime down in the fall (after I commented how his grass was starting to
look better--he was a new home purchaser too) and I didn't bother to
ask why or know what it did. I only did one application so I'm sure I
didn't goof up that badly.

The grass is growing for sure but it does not seem very thick at all.
The blades are rather thin as well and for the lawn being only 7 years
old, I sure brought out a lot of thatch. I noticed a lot of moss
growing this spring that I didn't notice when I took ownership a year
ago, if that means anything.

Thanks for all the input.
CW

No problem, CW. If you see moss growing, I -really- suspect
your 8 ph reading.

Forget the sulfer. Try some milorganite, at label rate.

Good luck.