Old 29-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Steve Parrish

Default Killing thorn bushes

Get a brush killer product containing triclopyr. This is in Ferti-Lome's
Brush and Stump Killer and a Green Light product called Cut Vine and Stump
Killer. Take a hatchet to the stem and then paint the triclopyr on the fresh
cut. Should kill the root so that they will not sucker out from the root
tips. Ferti-Lome has a website at www.v-p-g.com that has a dealer locator to
find your nearest retailer.

"Marc" wrote in message
I just moved into a new house. We are preparing to do some landscaping in
the backyard. In the wooded area there are a tremendous amount of those
thorn bushes (not really a bush but more like a stem coming out of the
ground covered with thorns) that I would like to det rid of in selected
areas. Is there any recommeded way to get rid of them other than having a
front end loader come in and tear them up? Just curious. Thanks...