Old 29-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Steve Parrish

Default Hard Soil

There is a liquid polymer material that is made specifically for compacted
soils. Works whether the soil is a clay, a tight loam, compacted calcerous
soil, or whatever. The polymer chain 'unravels' when mixed with water, and
works it's way down through the soil, creating tiny channels for water and
roots to work down through. The polymer itself is organic and breaks down
over about 6 months, so it can be applied twice a year. The product is
called Enviromax, and is available in many independent garden shops. More
info. at this link, http://www.dehlgroup.com/envbroch.html

"Tyshun Hampton" wrote in message
I have hard soil im my garden. When it gets wet its sticky and very hard

manage. Should I remove most of the soil I have now and replace it with

some
store brought topsoil? or can I add anything to my soil to correct this?