Old 29-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Dave S

Default java moss help

"sl" wrote in message
when i try to grow java moss i wrap around rock/wood with rubber
bands. i don't do anything different in tank. but it tends to never
take off. not sure if the fish, 4 oscars, pleco, corys and a couple
golds, were attacking it? is there something i can do as far as
water? is there a level of ph/nitrates that affect the moss. i
understand they require low level of light so a standard bulb should
be enough. so barring fish, what would i be doing wrong? thanks

I use very fine garden mesh - the sort that you fix to a wall or fence
allowing climbing plants to spread. You can buy a million miles or this
stuff for £1.00. If you're based in UK email me your address and I'll send
you some. I also add Leaf Zone on a weekly basis.

HTH - Dave

--
cadasco at hotmail dot com
Hampshire - UK