Old 29-04-2004, 05:39 PM
NetMax

Default java moss help

"Dave S" wrote in message

"sl" wrote in message
when i try to grow java moss i wrap around rock/wood with rubber
bands. i don't do anything different in tank. but it tends to never
take off. not sure if the fish, 4 oscars, pleco, corys and a couple
golds, were attacking it? is there something i can do as far as
water? is there a level of ph/nitrates that affect the moss. i
understand they require low level of light so a standard bulb should
be enough. so barring fish, what would i be doing wrong? thanks

I use very fine garden mesh - the sort that you fix to a wall or fence
allowing climbing plants to spread. You can buy a million miles or this
stuff for £1.00. If you're based in UK email me your address and I'll

send
you some. I also add Leaf Zone on a weekly basis.

HTH - Dave

--
cadasco at hotmail dot com
Hampshire - UK

OP is on Yahoo. Some of the garden meshes that I've found are treated
with a fungicide, to prevent weeds from coming through. I don't know how
selective they have made these products, but I think it is possible to
treat against common weeds to allow flowers and lawns to grow through
(neat trick). The point is that all fungicides are toxic to fish, so ask
a few questions before it goes in the water. Should be untreated nylon.
--
http://www.netmax.tk/