Old 29-04-2004, 07:07 PM
martin

Default Seeds, and seeds....

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:35:28 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Hi,

just paid nearly £2 for some Sunflower seeds.

Paid not a lot for a big bag of bird seed, which contained (amongst other
things) what look like sunflower seeds.

As I refilled the bird feeder I spilled my seed upon the
ground...oooerrr...Onan, stop that!

So I decided to pick out the sunflower-looking seeds and plant them in a
pot.

Looks like they are germinating, so I am now wondering if birdseed is a
cheap bulk seed source - wonder what else is in there :-)

puffpuff hemp :-)

No idea how they will turn out, but I have always wanted to grow sunflowers
but never quite got round to it.

Why are sun flower seeds so expensive, when they are grown by the
billion in France?