Old 29-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Brian

Default Seeds, and seeds....

The commercial varieties of Sunflower are grown for their seed and oil
properties. Those you have purchased are most likely garden varieties
supposedly much more attractive than those grown in fields. They might even
be dwarf or nearly double.
Those from the birdseed will be of the field variety.
Best Wishes.
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

just paid nearly £2 for some Sunflower seeds.

Paid not a lot for a big bag of bird seed, which contained (amongst other
things) what look like sunflower seeds.

As I refilled the bird feeder I spilled my seed upon the
ground...oooerrr...Onan, stop that!

So I decided to pick out the sunflower-looking seeds and plant them in a
pot.

Looks like they are germinating, so I am now wondering if birdseed is a
cheap bulk seed source - wonder what else is in there :-)

No idea how they will turn out, but I have always wanted to grow

sunflowers
but never quite got round to it.

Cheers
Dave R