Old 30-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Alan R Williams

Default Seeds, and seeds....

"Bella" writes:

"Sam" wrote in a message:
snip
- a neighbour of ours years ago had a huge cannabis
plant grow up under his bird feeder. The old boy obviously had no idea
what it was. One day it dissapeared. Either someone told him - or
snatched it or maybe he put it in his pipe and smoked it.

---
My mother once had a wonderfully weird plant that was eventually identified
as a Thorn Apple, grow at the side of her bird table The guy who did the
identifying hit the roof and wanted to know why on earth my mother was
growing such a dangerous plant, and was she aware just how poisonous the
plant was. He ordered her to destroy it there and then, which she did.

Isn't a "thorn apple" a Datura/Brugmannsia? They are poisonous but
lots of places seem to be pushing them as decorative plants.

Bella

Alan

--
Alan Williams, Room IT301, Department of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.