Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Benign Vanilla

Default Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ??

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Do I correctly understand that the apple snails I sent up to you as eggs
made it through the MD winter? They abound in the everglades and mine

can't
make it thru a MS winter!

As to plants: Here is what I have and could send -

My hyacinth are getting under way. The babies are just starting. Could
send some if it is legal.

Celery: have huge amounts.

Parrots feather: multiplying and growing like mad.

Anacharis: growing well and available.

snip

When I got the snails from you, they went right into an aquarium in the
house. Some of the larger ones went into the pond. I have since had, I'd
estimate about 100 snails pop up. Some got fed to my clown loach and some
went to the pond. I can't say for sure your snails made it thru the winter,
but I definately have snails alive and kicking in the pond.

As for plants, The Hyacinth are my main goal, but I'd love some celery and
parrot's feather. My PF didn't make it thru the winter. The celery is
growing nicely as a marginal along the pond edge, but it'd be nice to have
some extreme growth like you and Ingrid are reporting, so I'd love to try it
in the VF as well.

If you are willing to part, I'll pay the postage as always!

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com