Old 01-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Mulching Push Mower Recommendations ( Specifically Toro 20033 vs John Deere JS60H )

I second the comments made by Michael regarding the Hondas. I've had
a Harmony 215 for 5 years now and I love it. Usually starts on the
first pull and does a fantastic job of mulching. I have the best
looking lawn in the neighborhood, mostly tall fescue, so there is
quite a bit of grass to mulch, which it does very well.

I don't think the self propelled feature uses much of the engine power
either. The engine is always running at full speed for normal mowing.
If you're cutting real tall grass, then you're not going to use the
self propelled feature.