Old 02-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Bayer Tree and Shrub Insecticide

For the latter question (contact insecticide) I would use permethrin (Astro,
etc) at label rate. As for the Bayer question, imidacloprid is used in NY
all the time, maybe under a different name, e.g. Merit. Now, depending on
where the larvae actually are in the tree it may or may not work. An
alternative might be to use one of the Mauget injection materials. Check
with your local arboricultural consultant. You can also email me off the
list and I'll try top point you to someone. You get there via my website.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Frank Tremblay" wrote in message
om...
I have borers in my Himylain Birch and would like to try Bayer's Tree
and Shrub insecticide, but it is unavailable here in New York.

Does anyone know if it is available in New Jersey or Pennsylvania?

I am also looking for a spray to kill the larva that may try to enter
the tree until the systemic starts to work. Durbsan is also banned in
NY.

It would be easier if they just banned the borers.

Thanks in advance.