Old 03-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Beecrofter

Default Bayer Tree and Shrub Insecticide

(Frank Tremblay) wrote in message . com...
I have borers in my Himylain Birch and would like to try Bayer's Tree
and Shrub insecticide, but it is unavailable here in New York.

Does anyone know if it is available in New Jersey or Pennsylvania?

I am also looking for a spray to kill the larva that may try to enter
the tree until the systemic starts to work. Durbsan is also banned in
NY.

It would be easier if they just banned the borers.

Thanks in advance.

Check with your county cooperative extdension to time the application
based on the life cycle of the bronze headed borer. This will insure
that whatever pesticide you do use is used most efficiently.