Old 04-05-2004, 03:06 AM
GFRfan

Default Proper grass height.

DIE SPAMMER !!! wrote:
I just moved in under two years ago(aug 03), but I figure the lawn is
from when the house was built(93). The lawn wasn't very healthy.
Come the first spring here, even with alot of rain(2003), the yard had
large brown patches. I checked the grass when I was putting down fert
spikes for our trees, and the grass came up in sheets with lots of
grubs. All of 2003 I seeded(before crabgrass preventor), fertilized(4
step program), and milky spored the yard. Now it's 2004, the yard
looks nice and dark green, but if you go down to the dirt level, it's
got lines and bare dirt. Weird how my yard is very lumpy, figure
it's cause the dirt doesn't seem to dry out.

the lumps are cause by worms sometimes. . if you dig a few up, you might notice
worms in them and they are probably under the main grass "plant".

And that would also account for the "lines" you reported.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman