Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Derek Mark Edding

Default Green Peppers Questions

Brad Heidinger wrote:

Hello All,

I have planted typical garden variety green bell peppers every year for the
last five years. (Bonnie Bell?) I have never had great luck with crop
production. The plants get approx 4-5 hours of direct sunlight and plenty of
filtered sun. They are grown in raised beds with plenty of organics and I
water them frequently. Other vegetable crops flourish but the peppers lag
behind and put out only a couple peppers per plant. It is either a location
problem, plant selection problem, or a nutrient problem. I have them spaced
two feet apart. I was hoping someone could provide me some guidance and/or
advice.

We had the same experience with ones we bought as plants from Lowe's
last year. We grow them on our deck from large planters filled with
potting soil. The other peppers (thai, jalapeno, cheyenne) grew in
abundance. We got two or three peppers each from the bell pepper
plants. We have about the same amount of sun here too.

-dreq