Old 05-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default Shrub Recommendation - Please !

In article , Neil Jones
writes

The RHS have recently added a new feature to their website where you put
all the details in and it selects appropriate plants. I tried it with
your details and it suggested Mahonia japonica and Viburnum davidii.

I then tried it with autumn berries instead of winter, and it came back
with 3 pages of suggestions including Aucuba japonica, Berberis
thunbergii, various Chaenomeles, Daphne, Hypericum, Skimmia, etc. etc.

Obviously some of these will be better for birds than others, but if you
try it for yourself it should give you enough ideas.

Out of that lot, I still have skimmia berries from last season, so their
clearly not a bird preference, and I've never seen birds on chaenomeles
either.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: