Old 06-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Jim Elbrecht

Default Has anyone grown Lovage?

On Wed, 05 May 2004 21:38:26 GMT, "SugarChile"
wrote:

Years ago when I had a passion for making homemade wine, I experimented with
lovage wine. I used a mix of seeds saved from the previous years crop and
green leaves and shoots. After aging, I thought it was excellent, somewhat
similar to dandelion wine, but with its own unique lovage taste. Others in
the household did not share my enthusiasm, and still remark upon it
occasionally...

I've got a recipe for a Lovage cordial. Though I love my Lovage &
enjoy an occasional cordial, I haven't been curious enough to ever
make this one. It just seems weird. [like garlic ice cream]

Jim