Old 08-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Warren

Default Can I put store receipts in my compost pile?

Pen wrote:
I know what you mean. The ink on thermal paper will fade in the sun.
Home depot has a 1 year warranty on plants with a receipt. It's funny
that after 1 year, the receipt fades into a blank sheet!

There's no ink involved with thermal paper. The writing on the paper is
caused by heat. That's why it's called thermal.

If you keep the receipts out of direct light, in a cool, reasonably dry
place, they should last many years. Store them on the dashboard of a car
in a humid climate, and they won't last a week. If they're lasting less
than a year, you're probably storing them closer to the later than the
former.

As for the original question about putting them in the compost bin, I
wouldn't. I wouldn't put wax paper, gift wrap, or any other product that
is just paper-based, and not really paper.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html