Old 10-05-2004, 10:10 AM
BruceR

Default French Curbs

Keep in mind that to put 120 volt lights in the curb you will need an
electrical permit and city inspections. You won't need that for 12 or 24
volt systems. Find the supplier of the lights you want and install
accordingly. Sounds like you'll want to run conduit and boxes in the
curb.

From:King

Well the thing is I have a friend who does sidewalks for the city and
he offered to put the French curbs in for me as a side job but he
doesn't know anything about the lights. to make a long story short
if I want the lights its gonnna be a project that I do myself....
there is no contractor involved.

"edee em" wrote in message
Talk to the contractor who will put in the curbs for you. I'm sure
they'll know what to do to give you the desired effect. I've seen
it done with pavers but not concrete curbs.

"King" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I have a new home there is no driveway or grass yet but they are
coming soon. I was looking into getting French curbs and I seen
homes with lights running up the path within the cement and I
thought it looked great. Does anybody know how to do this or what
kind of lights to use??? The ones I saw were small round lights
which looked kinda like pot lights flush within the cement and gave
off a glow at night.