Old 11-05-2004, 01:05 AM
nswong

Default tomato leaves eaten....

Hi SugarChile,

I don't grow things,
such as roses, that need continual fussing over.

My family has a rose that came from my grandmother, and never give
flower after my grandmother pass aways. My father put a lot of effort
on it to just keep it alive, a lot of spry and fertiliser still end up
an unhelthy plant.

After my father pass away, one day I found that it's dead from the
root up, just the top of the plant still remain green. I lay the green
part to the ground, and manage to make it come out shoot and root.

In my hand, I never give it any fertiliser, and never spray, I even
don't care when something eating the leave. The only thing I do are
replace the soil yearly when the soil are lacking organic matter, and
remove the old branches to force it come out some new one. It now
giving flower and sometime will four or five flower at the sametime.

I do believe as long as we keep the soil good, and constantly remove
old plant/brances, it will stay helthy for most of the time. This
included those plant that people believe hard to maintain.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m