Old 11-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Bud

Default Does Frost Damage Kill Tomato Plants?

kc wrote:

Thanks to all of you for the advice. I will replant based on your
recommendations. I had planned on replanting in the first place, but was
surprised to see the plants still growing, hence my question.

Also, B & J, thanks for the "pushing the season" tip. I will try that next
year.

Kenn

Depends on where you live for replanting and how long they have been in the
ground. If it were here, Zone 6, I'd leave them in if they had been there
for more than two weeks. To help them along, there is always the plastic
gallon jug of milk with the bottom cut out and placed on top of the plant
to increase temperature of air and soil around the plant. You can screw on
the top if it gets cool at night to keep in some heat.

As far as the plastic around the cage, that is a good idea for the next
stage after they outgrow the jug. I use clip on clothes pins which is
easier than fighting tape to hold plastic in place.