Old 11-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Noman

Default Helping Geraniums survive the winter

In an earlier post, Red wrote:

I suggest that Noman do a test this fall and report the results next
spring. What's the
worst thing that can happen, the plants die of mold etc as you suggest or
the freeze to death outside. Seems like a no brainier to me. Or just go
down to HD in the spring and buy some new ones.

I'll take you up on that challenge, Red. Thanks to everyone for the
feedback. I'm basically a cheap person and if I can save five bucks a pot X
8-11 pots, then I'm happy. Plus, I get to try something new.

BTW, let me put in a plug for the nursery at Marbridge Farms. They're a
little more expensive than HD, but they're knowledgeable and they have a
great selection. Plus, the money goes to a good cause.

Thanks to all.