Old 12-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Liashi

Default Planted potatoes early, they still haven't sprouted.

I can't even remember when I planted the potatoes. Late March, or
early April some time. I'm in zone 6, close to zone 7 . . . of course
anything I'd assume you can plant now . . .

But what's hardiest in clay-ish soil? And what do deer like the least.
It's a nightmare. You should see the poor evergreen bushes we have.
The only green on them is where the deer can't reach. :P

The reason we tried it with the potatoes store bought is because my
Dad did, yes, have results with store potatoes many years ago. It was
accidental. He was trying to use the potatoes for compost. . . . hehe.

Anyway. I'd assume they rotted from what you all have been saying.
That soil is VERY wet, always usually; I think they got planted too
deep; AND it's been a wetter spring. We're actually making our
rainfall quotas!!! Yayness. ^^

Too bad for those plants though . . . So the search is on for
something different to put in there . . . or try again w/ seed
potatoes. I've probably got to get moving then. THANKS AGAIN!