Old 13-05-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Newbie here...(mag-drive pumps)

Your best bet would be to stay away from lower end "Beckett" Pumps. Look
for "Mag-Drive"(magnetic driven) pumps. Supreme is one brand. Lower energy
consumption and long lasting. Stay away from ANY oil filled pump......IMHO
and experience. Mike
"coati" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:33:14 -0400, "Janet"
wrote:

Mark the pump is indeed listed at Beckett's website. It's actuallly

listed
as 4983 gph at 1" lift. I haven't seen it yet, hubby spotted it yesterday
while at Home Depot. Hubby actually subcontracts for HD in the At-Home
Services section and was asking a few questions of a staff member he

knows.
Seems HD Canada is moving towards carrying exclusively Beckett pond
products....
Janet in Niagara Falls

My parents found out the hard way about using a cheap pump. Is a
question of you pay me now or pay me later. a $169 pump gets
expensive if you paying $20 or $30 a month in power to drive it. I
suggest you compare watts to gph/head before making a purchase.

And I totally agree with what everyone else says about plants. The
more the merrier.