Old 18-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Cereus-validus

Default I messed up by not pruning

Go for it, wild child.

I severely cut back a miniature rose bush last fall and the darn thing is
blooming its fool head off right now as we converse. Its almost like a big
freaking pink snowball. Even the dogs are afraid to pee on it.

"Allview" wrote in message
More than 5 years ago I put in a weigelia that turned out to be perfect in

that
spot. I've been very pleased with it until this year. The trouble is

that it
didn't get too high so I never pruned it. This year the flowers and

leaves are
sparse. Do I just go in and cut every other branch to the ground?

Out back is a snowball bush (viburnum) 3 years old this spring. It never

got
full. Has beautiful flowers mostly at the tops of 8 foot canes. Do I cut
these tall ones and leave the short ones?

Marilyn in Ohio