Old 18-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Skyhooks

Default cat problem ....PLEASE HELP !!??

More than likely your community has ordinances regarding loose pets,
especially stray dogs & cats. If I were in the same boat, I'd purchase
(or rent?) a "live trap" and catch the pesty felines with a bunch of
canned tuna. Then after trapping them, I'd take them to the local
humane shelter as a "stray" cat. Your neighbors will soon be catless.

Skyhooks
hmardis "aht" uiuc "daught" edu

"reply to" address munged -- read line above for correct addy.

not happy wrote:

We've just began getting our garden into shape , seeding/weeding etc...

Problem is, every morning we go outside & have to shovel up several fresh
cat turds. The woman next door has about half a dozen of the little vermin
..... & being as her garden ( our our neighbour on the OTHER side) is
completely concreted over ..... her pests use our soil as a kitty litter.

We have high walls ( 6ft) all around & I've even gone to the trouble of
coating them with an oily, black "non-drying" paint, knowing what vain
creatures cat's are ... but still they get in, somehow.

I've tried the various pellets, sprays & gels .... at some cost AND all to
no avail. I searched on the 'net & have seen a "cat-scarer" ( emits high
frequency noise, triggered by a P.I.R. sensor ) ..... it seems a bit
expensive, but I wondered if anyone else (here) may have one & can recommend
it as money well spent ?

...... seriously, now, considering getting an air-rifle & sitting up all
night waiting to shoot the little b*stards !

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers !