Old 20-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Joseph Meehan

Default Air Conditioning..

King wrote:
I am looking into getting airconditiong installed and I am getting a
few quotes but I was wondering if anybody can tell me what I should
be looking for in a unit.

Don't start by looking at the unit. Start by looking at the contractor.

A good contractor will not sell you junk equipment.

The best equipment not installed properly will never work properly.

Get and check references from any contractor. Make sure they do a
formal load calculation and check not only for the total cooling required,
but also the ductwork required. Make sure they have workman's comp paid
current.

Let them pick the brand of equipment that they know is good and familiar
working with.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math