Old 21-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Gale Pearce

Default Pond pump speed control

You can restrict the outflow side of the pump, but not the intake or you
will burn out your pump prematurely - I use a "ball valve" to reduce the
waterflow on my submersible pump on the line to my filter
Gale :~)
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Is is possible to use a speed controller (like a light dimmer) with a

small
pond pump?

I have a Bermuda 3000 (3000l/hr) submersible pump that's really a bit more
powerful than I need. The motor has a solid rotor that appears to be made
of a ferrite like material.

I know that speed controllers can cause overheating problems with some
motors but given that it's underwater with water bathing the rotor, I

don't
imagine this would be a problem in this case.

Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.