Old 25-05-2004, 04:09 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Brown Spots on Ash Tree

"Greg" wrote in message
We have a couple of Marshal Ashes. The one in the front yard is getting
brown rusty colored spots on the leaves. It doesn't look like insects have
been eating on it. No holes. Just brown spots. We live in Northwest
Arkansas. The temperature has been in the upper 80's. I might have been
watering it too much. I was told recently that it needs done only once or
twice a week. I'm doing it about every night. Could that be the cause of

the
spots?

Just a note on watering. Green Ash trees (Marshall is a Green Ash) don't
usually suffer from overwatering. If you are watering the leaves, make sure
you do it in the morning, rather than the evening to discourage fungus and
mildew.

p.s. anyone have a suggestion to get rid of johnson grass? I'm to the

point
where I am going to have to pull each one up by hand.

Torch them! You can also use a damp rag soaked in round-up and wipe the
leaves. This method will keep you from killing the surrounding grass.