Old 25-05-2004, 07:05 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Ceramic Pots

I would like to buy an unglazed ceramic pot that isn't painted brown.
Do
they make such pots? I figure they do but all the ones I have bought are
painted brown and "breathe" no better than a glazed pot.

Alan said:
Kevin: A pot which is "painted" brown is not an unglazed pot. A majority of
unglazed bonsai containers are traditionally a dark brown, but that is the
color of the clay which is used. This is not painted on the pot, but rather
it is mixed into the body of the clay. The container will be that color of
brown throughout the pot rather than just at the surface.

.. Like most things, the more we
know about this, the more evident is our vast ignorance. ;-)
Alan Walker

All true,
including the last :)