Old 27-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Cris

Default Read lots on how to start planted tank but still confused - please help

On 26 May 2004 18:27:50 -0700, (Sarah)
wrote:

|| I have the following plans on how to start but I need your input so
|| that I know I'm on the right track. I have a 25 gallon tall tank -
|| 12" x 24" x 16"
|| I figure I'll start with a mixture of flourite and black gravel about
|| 2-3 inches high.

Skip the black gravel. It has no nutritional value for the plants.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 "RedForeman ©®" wrote:

For lights, start with 1.5WPG, figured by total watts divided by gallons.

Or 2 wpg since it's a deep tank.

From there, start out with some low light plants, java ferns, anubias,
crypts, and your success rate will climb...

I'll add to the list. Ambulia, sword plants, valisneria, watersprite,
anacharis, pennywort, maybe even tiger lotus.