Old 29-05-2004, 05:07 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Friday Night Lawn Club

"New & Improved - N/F John" wrote in message
Well, I have cut the lawn 4 Friday's in a row here in NJ. I'd rather go

see
a minor league baseball game but I'll do that on Sunday this weekend.
Great.

I want to get cutting the lawn over, but I do find pleasure looking at the
lawn. This year I put down a weed killer only. I've been mulching for
years and the grass is green enough. The weed killer really worked on the
dandil;ions but not on violets. I found over the years mulching helps
spread violets in the lawn . They look OK in the early spring but I'd
rather have a perfect lawn. How do you kill them other than pulling?
There must be hundreds of the plants.

Look for a weed killer with dicamba as an active ingredient. The one I use
is made by Bayer.