Old 30-05-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Sprinkler System?

ok- here's what I got... the water comes on when I manually turn the
solenoid on (as well as the little pressure control knob on that solenoid),
and shuts off when I close it. But, it will not come on going through the
timer. I found that there's some wires disconnected on the back yard's
solenoids, so there's one problem. But- the side and front yards the wires
appear to be working fine. I did find that the fuse was completely blown in
the timer, so I replaced that. But again, I can't get these things to turn
on via the timer. Home Depot guys suggest getting a Voltmeter to test and
see if I'm getting 24 volts at the solenoids or not. If not, I need to
replace the timer. I seriously doubt that all 8 solenoids need replaced, so
I suspect it's the timer.

Also- the solenoid on the side yard doesnt produce any water at all. I turn
it on manually, and can't get water to come through it at all- any
suggestions there?

Am I missing anything?
Thanks

"D" wrote in message news:Q_1uc.2032$aM1.1904@fed1read02...
This is awesome stuff! I live in AZ, so I've never heard of someone
'winterizing' a system- we run sprinklers year round here... but I'll
definitely give all this a shot today. Thank you soo much!

"news.individual.net" wrote in message

Also, there could be air in the lines, and it may take several minutes
before you would see water coming into a zone. Be sure that you have

given
it enough time.

The suggestion to look for a valve near the point where the irrigation
system ties into the main water near the front street is a good one.

The next thing that I would want to verify is to see if you are getting

24
volts to the zone valves. Check that with a voltmeter, at the point

where
2 wires are connected to a zone valve.

Next, if you know how to **manually** turn on a zone valve, I would

turn
one of them on to see if you have water available in the system.

Also, starting with the first zone, I would run it for 15-20 minutes,

and
then walk around in that zone to see if you see water spurting out of

the
ground anywhere (look closely througout the zone) , which would

indicate
leak, and would reduce the pressure so much that the sprinklers would

not
rise out of the ground.

Try these things and report back.

--James--