Old 30-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Chet Hayes

Default Grubs!!

Can anyone tell me what are the tail tell signs of grub damage? I think my
yard may be suffering from this. I have a couple of spots in my grass about
the size of basketballs. Can you please tell me if this what the problem
could be?

Thanks

Ty

Where are you located? For most of North America, grub damage occurs
principally in late summer, early fall when they are feeding near the
surface. There can be some damage in spring as well, though less
common.

As was pointed out, having the dead grass peel back like carpet is one
sign. Removing a couple of test areas of turf and seeing how many
grubs are there is one way to find out. If you have a couple in a
square foot, it's not likely the real problem. More than that, I
would treat.