Old 30-05-2004, 03:07 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Sprinkler System?

wrote in message

This is awesome stuff! I live in AZ, so I've never heard of someone
'winterizing' a system- we run sprinklers year round here..

I'm jealous. Every July I watch my 2 acre lawn wither and turn brown.
And every year we say "next year" we'll get irrigation.

But next year comes, and that $6,000 goes to more important things.

You can do it yourself if you're at all inclined. Rainbird has a free
design service. Just rent a trencher, make your own trenches and install
the pipe and heads. If you're short on plumbing skills, hire a sprinkler
service to connect to your water service.

For 2 acres you can use pop-up impact heads which cover a 40 ft radius
minimum.