Old 30-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Jim K.

Default Edging, with an Echo string trimmer...how?

I just bought a new Echo 210i trimmer (had a Crapsman, before and I
was not able to find anywhere in the manuals/instructions the 'proper'
way to turn and use the trimmer for 'edging'.

It (obviously) has two mechanisms for throttle control and (obviously)
is designed to be held in such a way as to have the throttle 'trigger'
on the bottom of the shaft (also, with the gas tank aligned under the
shaft).

Now, when I want to switch from 'trimming' to 'edging'...I'm wondering
if it's intended to be used in an 'upside-down' manner (so-to-speak)
when using it for edging.

I thought perhaps, loosening the two (or 3) screws down at the 'head'
and twisting the head (as opposed to rotataing the shaft--which puts
throttle trigger and gas tank 'upside-down') would make it operate
more comfortably (as when in 'normal' trimming position).

I'm probably wrong, in thinking this will work, since I suspect that
by turning the 'head' it would twist the drive mechanism also? and
that would NOT be a good thing? ;-)

But, since I've not owned/used such a fine instrument as this, before,
I just knew there would be some knowledgeable landscaper/pro here in
the ng who'd be able to set me straight...yes? (I hope

TIA...

Jim K...just outside Det., MI