Old 31-05-2004, 06:06 PM
C G

Default Recommendations for local nurseries selling trees

Abhi wrote:

Hi,
Have been searching for Bradford Pear and Golden raintree (Chinese
flame) trees in the triangle area. Found a couple of sources with
Cleveland pears, but none that have Bradford pear.

I really dislike Bradford pears. Do yourself a favor and find a
different tree. I like the way they look. Here are my reasons for
disliking them:
1) Way too many of them. They're like kudzu, you see them all over.
2) They look great for 5-10 years, and along comes an ice storm or a big
wind, and down come a couple branchs.
3) See #1

I understand that the raintree is very hard to grow and somewhat rare.

If you can't find one in stock, check with Fairview Nursery. They'll
order just about anything you can think of. I got one there, about 15
years ago. I had no problems with it.