Old 01-06-2004, 04:05 AM
FDR

Default How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach.

"Janice" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:07:40 GMT, fitwell
wrote:

Thank you so _much_ for this info! I appreciate the advice re just
buying the spinach but that's been the whole problem as there is no
grocery store convenient to me and it's difficult esp in winter.

This whole idea still sounds great! I'm very enthousiastic now, the
plants germinated a few days ago and they seem to be coming up just
fine. This all is for health reasons. I just am so borderline with
my health and digestion that that days I don't eat greens I literally
feel it.

I get it that you like spinach, but keep in mind that spinach contains
high levels of oxalic acid and while the plant is high in vitamins,
eating it TOO MUCH can cause other problems as oxalic acid interferes
with the metabolization of some vitamins and minerals.

Oxalic acid can be the cause of kidney stones in some people too.