Old 02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
aj

Default How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach.

Hello Fitwell
Good luck with the indoor growing. It's great when things start
growing, isn't it.
Just an idea... A few years ago, I grew some "perpetual spinach".
It's not a true spinach. It's a type of beet, but looks and tastes
the same. It lasted ages. I just picked a few leaves when I needed
them, then they grew back. Maybe you could grow some in a flower pot.
I didn't have any problems with them.
I've been growing Nasturtiums in pots this year. The leaves taste
like watercress. They're in the same family. Easy to grow as well.
Just had some on my cheese and pickle sandwich.

Cheers
AJ