Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 PM
ncstockguy

Default Recommendations for local nurseries selling trees

Keep in mind the Bradford pears have great early spring flowers, but
they are short-lived and also very prone to storm damage. Many of the
Bradfords in our neighborhood are long gone from thunderstorms and ice
storms of the last few years FYI

(Abhi) wrote in message . com...
Hi,
Have been searching for Bradford Pear and Golden raintree (Chinese
flame) trees in the triangle area. Found a couple of sources with
Cleveland pears, but none that have Bradford pear.
I understand that the raintree is very hard to grow and somewhat rare.

Anyone know of good nurseries where I can find either of these plants?
or good nurseries online?

TIA
Abhi