Old 03-06-2004, 03:11 AM
fitwell

Default How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach.

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:22:50 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Just an idea... A few years ago, I grew some "perpetual spinach".
It's not a true spinach. It's a type of beet, but looks and tastes
the same.

And when did your taste buds depart?

We planted some too. Both of us like spinach salad but couldn't
take the perpetual spinach - or the various chards. The taste
and texture were both different to us.

Oh, so it's not beets we're talking about but a "type" of beet. Okay.
Got it now.

As a vegetarian, I just know that a sald full of greens is awesome. I
wish I could eat this every day but that's been a hard thing to do.
However, if I cold grow a bunch of different types of greens in pots,
a few leaves off of different plants each day so that they sort of
rotate, will make all the difference in the world. I'll know I've
arrived when I can have a nice medium-sized salad (or large, which is
my preference) every day and it comes from my growing centre here at
home! g Wow, that would be somehthing!

Did you eat it in salad or cooked?

One of the new things we found that we did like was orach. The
red especially gives color to a salad.

Orach? I've never heard of that. I'll have to look into this one,
too! g

Thanks everyone! g