Old 09-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Phisherman

Default Pet Safe slug killer????

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:39:37 GMT, Charles
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:06:20 GMT, "GoldLexus"
wrote:

HELP! I have newly planted marigolds and newly sprouted sunflowers and they
and been severly munched by slugs! GRRRRRR. Can someone recommend a good,
fast and pet safe slug killer?
Will these plants bounce back after being munched on?

Sluggo, iron sulfate, is supposed to be pet safe. Beer traps are pet
safe. Putting down a board for them to hide under, then scraping them
off in the morning is a way to get rid of them.

The marigolds should come back fine, I don't know about the
sunflowers.

Sluggo is iron phosphate (not iron sulfate). Anyway, it doubles as a
fertilizer and won't harm people or pets.