Old 09-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Brian

Default magnolia grandiflora goliath - help me please

Personally, I am quite used to the most stupid of conclusions reached
by
supposedly PG students~~albeit under stress, in haste, and without time

for
further reflection. Last year:- " If your parents could not have

children
then you will also remain childless" [This was not the first time I had

seen
this statement]
"We forget how many of our ancestors died as young children, through
starvation"
This latter quote I initially passed and it only dawned on me some

minutes
later!!.

I'd have thought this quote was perfectly possible - just not in the

direct
line. Aunts and uncles etc., are ancestors, too. ;-)
I rather like "Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children".

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

ancestors died childless. This was the trap I nearly fell into.
I wondered if the 'grandiflora' aspect just implied to them that the
flowers were large. On the other hand how many tyros understand any Latin
these days?
I agree re. our children. When they were young I thought them lovely
enough to eat. As teenagers I wished I had done!!
Grandchildren are different~ you can hand them back. Last week my 6 yr.o.
g.daughter walked in with a trug of flower trusses from the tomatoes ~~
having previously watched me removing side shoots!!. She is still my 'best
girl in the world'~~truly.
Thanks again Brian.