Old 10-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Kay

Default magnolia grandiflora goliath - help me please

In article , Sacha
writes

The OP may well be genuine but I don't think many people buy something of
that name without getting a clue as to its tendencies. 'grand'

but the 'grand' was applied to the flowers!

and 'goliath'
alone would be a hint.

Yes - that was my reaction on seeing the 'goliath'

And if it was as expensive as Magnolias can be, IME
most people ask first as to whether or not it's suitable for their garden.
I do think some people *always* ask the appropriate questions in nurseries;
in some garden centres they'd be pushed to find someone who *could* answer
them.

I was after a male pernettya out of flowering season. GC had an
'information point' - they looked completely blank (despite having a
whole stand full of pernettyas).

--
Kay