Old 10-06-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Peach leaf curl

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 05:57:59 GMT, gary davis
wrote:

I don't have a peach tree now, I gave up on it. However, my belief is
that it must be covered from the rain. I did this a few years ago and the
leaves that were covered did well. The ones that were not covered developed
peach leaf curl.

That's interesting. The books I have read said that nectarines would
not grow outdoors; only under glass, which is why I bought a peach
instead. Perhaps the only successful way to grow either is under
glass; that would keep the rain off them after all. I assumed the book
recommended under glass for heat, not wet though.

How do you grow a fruit tree under glass? You must need a tall green
house, not the standard 8' one, or do you grow them as a fan and prune
when they near the roof?