Old 12-06-2004, 04:13 AM
JD

Default Best Gas-powered String Trimmers

Check out the new STIHL FS 55 with Easy2Start. It has plenty of power and
the new system is very very easy to start.
JD
"evolutionman 2004" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm interested in buying the best-rated, lowest maintenance,

easy-2-operate
gas-powered string trimmer.

I'd prefer one with a straight-shaft, 1-hp or larger engine to trim 1+

acre
yard. I don't need the attachment items (brush cutter, blower, etc.) as I
already have those items separately. I've looked at Homelite, Toro, Cub
Cadet, Troy-bilt, Craftsman, Echo, Ryobi models. Anyone with particular
model preference and positive (or negative) stories to relate here would

be
appreciated. Is a 2-cycle or 4-cycle engine better? Which model does

have
the easiest starting, ease of operation, etc.? Thanks.